E-Interiors.net

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Ceramica Flaminia

Ceramica Flaminia

The production of ceramics at Civita Castellana dates back to the centuries before the rise of Rome; in fact the vase production could be found even in the 4th century BC.
Some good quality products appeared in the Middle Ages and in the Renaissance, but only at the end of the 18th century the clay quarries carachterizing this area began to be exploited with proto-industrial intentions.
The first example of a workshop producing crockery and artistic ceramics was opened in 1792, by the architect Giuseppe Valadier and then by Giovanni Volpato, while some factories producing crockery, tiles and sanitaryware developped only in the first years of 1900.
On the 5th of January 1955, after a strike for the contrac renewal that opposed workers to owners for some months, twentythree sanitaryware workers jointed in an association, establishing Ceramica Flaminia.
At that time the production of sanitaryware was almost handmade; ceramic products were created only using a few tools and baked in log-stoves.
As time passed manufacture systems deeply evolved and now Flaminia uses very modern equipments in its three buildings, two situated in Civita Castellana and one in Fabrica di Roma, covering a surface of about 30000 sm.
In 2003 this firm got the UNI EN ISO 9001-2000 quality certification.
According to its growth, during the years Flaminia changed even the company form, becoming a joint-stock company in 1996.
Up to the middle of 1990s Flaminia products were characterized by traditional shapes following, but without copying, the style of the greatest national and international firms; on the contrary, referring to the product quality, the company has always had the public’s appreciation. During the 1970s and 1980s Flaminia tried to find some original solutions regarding the style of its production, but no goals were achieved becouse of lack of a suitable artistic department.
So at the middle of 1990s, when the search of alternative shapes for bathroom products had became more and more fundamental, Flaminia started the cooperation with Roberto Palomba creating the successful Work in Progress project.
The real turning-point happened in 1997 when in Verona, during the cultural exhibition Abitare il Tempo, Flaminia presented Acquagrande, a great rectangular washbasin designed by Giulio Cappellini. This basin represented an important innovation in a market which was characterised only by round and soft shapes.
The Acquagrande basin was soon accompanied by other products by Roberto and Ludovica Palomba, such as a round basin called Twin Set, which was born in 1998; at the end of the year after the range of these two articles was widened with other sizes and models in order to offer a great variety to the public.
In Bologna at Cersaie 2000 Flaminia exhibited Link wc and bidet by Cappellini and Palomba: wall hung sanitaryware which showed the siphon, for the first time and without any shame, and hid all the fixing brakets at the same time. Their linear shape was purposely designed in order to produce two articles that could be freely matched to the various washbasins. At the same exhibition the ceramic Twin Column was present too, a new solution for the free-standing installation of Twin Set basin.
The search of original solutions went on in 2001, when Tatami was shown to the public: a modular shower tray for floor level installations, which joints innovation and very rigorous design.
Spin wall hung wc and bidet appeared in 2002 with Nuda basins, proposed in different sizes and two versions. Through these two lines Palomba began to explore sensual soft shapes.

Categorie Producto: Sillas  .   Accesorios  .   Griferia  .   Sanitarios  .   Muebles de baño  .   Baños - Duchas  .   Accesorios  .   Lámparas decoración  .